Friday, August 13, 2010

:::dusts off blog::::
Wow. I REALLY need to start posting here more often. I freely admit I let it slide here as I use blogger to "follow" and read other blogs based here. Which is weird when I have to cross post to my other blogs. So I have decided to start using it again. Be afraid.

In other news, I just finished ANGELOLOGY by Danielle Trussoni. It is a fiction book that has a nun discover the truth about the "fallen" angels children the Nephilim when she comes across a letter requesting information about correspondece between two ladies in the past. The connection to the request and the angels get explored in much detail and the book has a lot of description that reminds me of an early Anne Rice. However, I will admit to finding it predictable. It also had some cheesy moments and just seemed to convienent for certain things to happen. Not a bad debut work, but I think the editor could've stood to tighten it up some. I bought it not long ago cause the idea and world buidling with Angels fascinated me and was different from all the typical vampires, faes and werewolf books out there on the shelf. Just wanted to try something different. It was different. And I will be curious to see what the sequel will bring.

I am currently reading Masques by Patricia Briggs (reprint of her debut fantasy novel that has extra scenes and all). I adore her Mercy Thompson urban fantasy series so was curious to see how this book will be in comparison. It is an ARC (advance reviewers copy) so expect a review soon.

No comments: