Monday, October 13, 2008

I am a baaad blogger lately....

Didn't get to post much recently. I was doing an "emergency" babysitting job for a 10 month old who turned out to be sick last week. Somehow, I managed to catch what she had. Joy.... I am mostly back to normal. Just irritated throat from the strain on the throat from the weekend.

I did manage to have a very nice day Saturday. Husband took me out unexpectedly to the downtown library that I usually avoid. Cranky librarians, expensive parking and crowded buildings are not my idea of fun. Husband was needing a book to do a report he had due today. Ironically, he had the book from his class, but his boss ended up taking it with him over a 4 day out-of-town trip along with husband's book report on the laptop he borrowed from my husband. So all of it had to be redone. He got it done yesterday. I liked it. Had some humor in it. I like humor in presentations as it is boring to hear otherwise when your in class where everyone is doing nearly the same subject. I think his will stand out. For someone who hates doing presentations and the like, he does a VERY good job at them.

We also had lunch at a nice restaurant which we haven't done in a long time. At least not just the two of us. Groups and big family dinners don't count as we usually have everyone else getting our attention. This time, it was just the two of us. Very nice. I actually tried a new item on the menu. It was okay. I was kind of disappointed with the pumpkin cheesecake. I adore pumpkins or pumpkin flavored dishes usually and I was expecting something else. Ah well.

I am now spending some time doing some research on various subjects I am studying. Decided it was a waste of time to read Eat, Prey, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elisabeth Gilbert. My mother-in-law recommend and loaned me the book. Finally got around to starting it last night. The writing style is easy to read, but I having problems with Elizabeth herself in the beginning. She just irritates me and seems to imply that all her problems come from elsewhere than herself as well as what she wants and needs is more important than anything else (despite hurting others). Can't see where the enlightenment is on this. Maybe it gets better later, but it actually irritated me enough to start ranting to my husband last night instead of falling asleep. *sigh*

So I put that aside and started re-reading Buddhism for Beginners by Thubten Chodron. Then I started The Queen's Bastard by C.E. Murphy which is alternate history fiction with paranormal elements (or fantasy). A lot of politicial intrigue to this one. I have high hopes for it.

I planned to write more here, but I got some to work that is taking priority over this. I should be returning to normal "book" related news next time.

2 comments:

Bev(QB) said...

YOO-HOO... Shartyrant...

http://cubiesconfections.blogspot.com/2008/10/lurve-is-in-air.html

Danielle said...

I am hit and miss with my blogging. I am trying to post more often. I was touched that you read my blog. I am glad we got to know each other on the Bump in the Night group. We have a lot of reading in common. Thanks again.