Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Test post 1 Marie Brennan's Doppleganger series and Susan Wright series

Cause I am a sick puppy, I decided to go with some original posts for now (as I am too lazy to import the other from livejournal just now). Be afraid.

Also for you fellow book nuts: The Knight Agency is giving away 10+ titles by its authors to two lucky winners. Just make a comment (with a name or handle for them obviously). Thanks to http://nalini-singh.livejournal.com/ for posting about it. Psst....if you haven't read Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series you are really missing out. Just sayin'. It is futuristic paranormal sci-fi romance. It is one of the best blend of 4 genres I have ever seen. Go! Enjoy!
http://www.nalinisingh.com/




For the first time in a week, I managed to go to the bookstore. A week is a LONG time for me. You have no idea. I picked up a few books of course.
One was a sequel to a fantasy book I bought not long ago. It's called A Pound of Flesh which is a sequel to To Serve and Submit by Susan Wright. Both books are erotic fantasy I was told that fans of Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series would enjoy so I decided to give it a whirl. Please be warned that this series (like the Kushiel series) both have sex and some types of sex that might disturb including S & M and such. Just be warned if you are easily offended by such, you might want to skip both series. I haven't finished To Serve and Submit yet (I read it while I was VERY sick so I hate to say I don't remember much of it except the very beginning or anything else during that time), but I figured to go ahead and get the sequel. I'll post my thoughts on the books later of course. But for those curious to what they are about:
http://www.susanwright.info/ is her official site and see the following "test post" here as I am putting up covers and book blurbs there as I experiment on my formating.
I got Warrior and Witch (Witch in the new printing) I went with the first printing as it matches my first book Doppleganger (Warrior in the new printing) which is also the first printing cause I am nut that way. I also excited as I am in the mood for another Marie Brennan book. Marie Brennan is the author of the "Doppleganger" fantasy series. http://www.swantower.com/ is her official site where you can check out excerpts and other goodies.

The "Doppleganger" series is a duology (so far no more books are planned as yet by the author for this series). They were originally called: Doppleganger and Warrior and Witch. It is fantasy "sword and sorcery" fantasy with some interesting elements of magic and the repurcussions of it's use. I just read Doppleganger (Warrior) not long ago and decided I need the sequel. I hear it is even better than the first. Woot! Color me happy!

As a side note: These novels were just re-released with new covers and new titles. The first book, Doppleganger is now called Warrior and the sequel, Warrior and Witch is now just called Witch. I actually prefer the new titles and covers better as it fits the series better and more reflective of what is going on, but I had already got the first print with the original titles so I have to take what I can get.






Book blurb for Witch or Warrior and Witch. Please be warned that this has spoiler for the original Doppleganger (Warrior) which should be read first.




"When a witch is born, a doppelganger is created. For the witch to master her powers, the twin must be killed. Until now . . .
Mirei's extraordinary magic makes her the most powerful witch alive. By some, she is hailed as a miracle, while others proclaim her to be an evil abomination . . . and vow to destroy those who champion her.
Now the different factions of witches engage in a bloody war, with magic, treachery, and murder. But both sides may be fighting for nothing. For the power that the rebel witches fear, the magic that Mirei alone possesses, is killing her. extraordinary magic makes her the most powerful witch alive. By some, she is hailed as a miracle, while others proclaim her to be an evil abomination . . . and vow to destroy those who champion her."

No comments: